Thursday, October 17, 2024

Red vs Blue


 I used to watch this back in the day. I stopped after season 5. 

A few months ago I heard the 19th and final season came out this year. 

I had no idea the series was still running 20 years after its creation! So I decided to try watching ALL of the seasons. 

I only made it to season 5. 

The show is hilarious and the first 4 seasons are virtually perfect. The humor is excellent and though season 5 let's the "storyline" get in the way of more silly moments of the two teams goofing off, it still finishes strong and overall is a great story arc. 

I tried watching season 6 and it appears from this moment on, the series tries to take itself more serious and making a "cinematic" dramady out of the series which loses the main ingrediant of what made it so special in the first place. It never took itself serious. 

Trying to build a story with little humor, buries the fun of watching. I felt like I was being forced to watch someone play a video game and make up their own story along the way. I was bored and didn't make it to the halfway point of season 6 to realize this series wasn't for me. 

Again, I love the first 5 seasons. The story ends and you can walk away never having to wondeer what happened to your favorite goofballs in a world galaxies away. 

But believe me...if you watch even further, you'll find out they became miserable attention-seeking characters that tried to take themselves serious when all fans wanted was something to laugh about. 

Too bad.  

No comments: