Monday, October 07, 2024

Ranking the Carcasonne Expansions (16)


 Windrosen

Starter tile, whenever you place another matching tile in the same direction you get 3 points. Pull the blue one you get 3 points plus you can change the direction for future tiles. Neat expansion but with only 6 tiles it goes largely ignored in the game when played. I love this expansion but wish it had more tiles associated to it. If it did, this would be a much better expansion. 

Wonders of Humanity

Place 2 meeples for each player on the 10 point space. First one there grabs the meeples and chooses a wonder that can be placed on the board instead of pulling a regular tile. Each wonder gains you difference points in the game. They're HUGE tiles too! The rest of the players meeples move 5 points down the board until the next player gets there and so on and so forth. Wonderful expansion. I don't play with it all the time because I think people would get into the habit of choosing the same wonder over and over but I do recommend it. A lot of fun!

That's all for now, though I do have MORE expansions on the way and will probably address those at a later time once I've played them more. I love this game more and more each time I play. And though I don't plan on getting all the expensive Spiel Promos, I do plan on getting all the other expansions I can get for the game!


No comments: