Tuesday, October 01, 2024

Ranking the Carcasonne Expansions (12)


 The Maze

Just a promo tile that's a four way road. Nothing special but something I usually shuffle into all the games with play for fun. 


The Messangers

Each player get a messanger character they place on the scoretrack. Instead of scoring they can split the points to move their messanger up the track. Every 5th space they can collect a scroll which gives them a one time ability in the game. I find this one interesting as well and use it in games every so often. I once collected every scroll and ended up dominating the game because I had all these special abilities and ran away with the score. So if played, you should never ignore it. Good expansion. 


Monastaries

Similiar with Japanese Buildings, I've played with both expansions in the game, making any meeple available to occupy the buildings. This cuases a significant shortage in meeples, which really made the game interesting. I was able to score a TON because others had meeples tied up in these buildings. However, I came in last because they were still able to stock up points by laying the tiles in a way that would add to their final score. Fun expansion. Though I wouldn't play with it in every game. 


Peasants Revolt

When played next to a road/city that player loses 4 vp when scoring the tile OR before a tile is played they can lay their meeple down only losing 2 points instead. I love this expansion. 2/4 points isn't going to decide the game (in most cases) and it certainly adds more flavor to the games I've played in the past. Solid expansion. 

No comments: