Tuesday, September 03, 2024

Top 50 Vintage Games 2024 (in review)

 

10) Up 7

Megan's favorite game to play. It's been on my list for years and just now hit my top 10. There's stiff competition behind it so it may not last for long though I do believe it'll stay inside the Top 20. 


9) Even

Unless it drops in number of times it comes to the table, I don't see this game leaving the Top 10 next year.


8) Down 5

This was the hardest game to see drop. Sure it's still a Top 10 game of mine, but earlier this year I almost had it at #1. So next year, I think it moves back up. Perhaps even to #5. 

7) Up 15

Girls #2 favorite game. I love it too. So happy they're playing with me. We bring this out all the time. I've played it more than any other previous year. Lovely classic!
6) Up 8

Almost perfect 2 player game. Honestly. Last year it fell from the Top 10 because it didn't come to the table as much. I played it more this year. Can it return to #1 again? I don't think so, but think it will retain it's place in the Top 10. 
5) Up 5

Highest this game has ever been. Is that because I finally won at it? Yes. So it may fall back down the Top 10....or....I am bringing it to LegendsCon II this year. So maybe #1? We'll see. 

4) Up 3

This one also has a chance at the coveted #1 spot now that I'm playing the classic version with my kids. Plus, if Restoration Games ever makes the final expansion, it could be enough to push it all the way to the top!
3) Up 3

Another game that almost took the #1 spot for a while. I don't know of anyone who DOESN'T love this push your luck game. Will it get the title next year? It's not a long shot to say "yes"
#2) Even

If it's not #1 this is the only other spot for it to be. Perfect 10! I'm on the fence on whether to bring this one to LegendsCon next year only due to the fact that it's two players and takes a lot longer to play. 

1) Up 3

Welcome back to the #1 position once again! So why wouldn't it not keep it's #1 ranking? I'm considering of moving this game back onto my "current" list. I think it can go toe to toe with the big dogs. No problem. Leaving next's years #1 up in the air.

Ok folks, that's all for now. See you later on this year for my Top 100 CURRENT Board Games! 





No comments: