Monday, September 02, 2024

Top 50 Vintage Games 2024 (in review)

 

20) Up 5

This game has continued to rise on my list each year I put it together. So I'm predicting it increases again in 2025.


19) Up 31

Thanks to the latest expansion, this series rocketed up my list! I'm predicting it drops a little next year because the "newness" will likely wear off some and give it a different score. 

18) Up 19

Another game that gets more enjoyable over the years. This one has a chance at staying in my Top 20 for next year but I don't think it's a Top 10 game. 


17) Up 7

Former #1 that is working its way back up the list. I badly want to play this in McDonald's but that may never happen. If it did....yes, it has a chance at becoming #1 again. 
16) Down 4

Another classic game I enjoy playing. Megan hasn't beat me yet at it but that undefested streak is sure to come to an end one day soon! This game will remain in the Top 20 but with harder competition at the top, I'm not sure if it'll see the Top 10 again. 
15) Up 15

Again #6 or #7 for the girls. Its led to some hilarious reactions while playing and I KNOW if I brought this out with the right adults, this would be gangbusters! Automatic Top 10 if that were to happen. 

14) Up 5

Again, fast and fun! This one moves up slightly on the list. It's too expensive to get online anymore, but the fun factor is at a 10! Not sure how much higher it can cllimb up the list but I think saying it stays within my Top 20 is a safe bet. 

13) Up 2

I keep waiting for Restoration Games to make an annoucement about the new version coming out.... but nothing at GenCon tells me they're no where near making it. Bummer. The original is excellent. A reprint would most likely elevate it to my Top 10 no questions asked!

12) Down 7

Another former #1 which has now dropped out of the Top 10. But only because I haven't played it as much this year. Great 2 player game that I'm sure will stay a Top 20 game in 2025. 

11) Up 5

When the reprint comes out later this year, I predict this will hit my Top 10. It barely missed out this year. 




No comments: