Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Top 5 Home Improvements I'd like to have!

 My mortgage company recently ran a promo for $50,000 renovations for your house. I didn't win (of course) but thought about what things I'd love to have done to the home!

Even though the bathrooms are tiled for some strange reason the areas where the sink is located are carpeted here at my house. I'd love to get tiles or wood panels to cover it in something that won't obtain water damage over the years. 

Seriously, what was the designer of the house thinking?!
I'd also put window inserts all over the house. We live next to the highway and it isn't bad except for the girls room which faces the highway. SO LOUD! But the girls don't seem to mind and sleep right through it. It's VERY expensive to purchase but I'd put them all over the house for good measure. 
Old house had a terrible mail box, this house does too. I'd love to get a brick one and never have to see an ugly mail box in our front driveway again. 
I'd love to finish off our attic and convert it into yet another room. I believe a door can be made through another rooms closet so if so, I'd make that into the kids playroom so that my game room can have more room to expand. (Or Megan could set up her office there. 
A small one room guest house. Only for entertaining guest or moving my game nights to. I'd have a small kitchen and half bath added as well but over all it's be relatively small. Though $50,000 wouldn't cover the cost, It would've taken a decent chunk out of the total. 

Oh well, maybe they'll run it again next year....and I still won't win. 


No comments: