Thursday, June 10, 2021

The Magic Bicycle (Review)


 A few months ago during the snow storm here in Monroe that lasted a week (that's odd to think about now) I went and borrowed a ton of books from my parents house to read. 

One of the series I took down within the span of those first two weeks was the old Christian "Spirit Flyer Series" of young adult books. 

Our Dad used to read them to us when we were younger and I remember enjoying them and wanted to give them another shot. 

The first one focuses on John Cramer and a bicycle he finds in a dump which he fixes up and can fly. 

It's perfect for a kid who grew up in the 80's and remembers how important it was to have your own bicycle back then to get around. 

We lived in a small town and could go anywhere on our bikes just about, so I remember connecting to this story a lot. 

There's of course of lot of Christian symbolism in the book, equating the bikes to our relationship with the Lord. Some times it gets a little ham fisted (especially towards the end) but overall, John Bibee wrote an enjoyable world I was happy to revisit again. 

And I did just that in his next book that I'll review tomorrow. 



No comments: