Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Bicycle Hills (Review)


 The 4th book in the Spirit Flyer series shifts its focus yet again on another new girl in town, Amy and how she's already popular in town but is having questions of the types of friends she's made. 

Mrs Happy (the villain from the last two novels) is now gone and another new nemesis has taken her place. Uncle Bunky the Clown. 

There's also a new place to play called Bicycle Hills where underneath the surface is another game for kids called Caves and Cobras. 

This is the book that made me want to re-read the series again. I remember Dad reading this to us as a kid and my brothers and I thought the concept of Caves and Cobras was so cool. It was like paintball but underground and inside of a bunch of dimly lit caves. We couldn't get over what that would look like!

Surprisingly it isn't featured in the book as much as I remembered. Only 2 chapters. I guess it made more of an impact on us as kids the first time around! 

No comments: