Thursday, June 03, 2021

The Buttercream Gang: Secret of Treasure Mountain


 Finally got a chance to see the sequel to one of my favorite movies as a kid. It's been a while and I remember it not being as good as the original. 

It wasn't. 

But then again, it wasn't as bad as I remembered it being. It focuses this time on Eldin (from the first movie) as he and the Butter Creamers as trying to save the shop and home of someone in their town by finding a lost treasure. 

As with all the Family Focused Films it comes with a lesson at the end of the movie but they could've done so much more with it that it makes this movie a let down. 

The first one isn't cinematic gold but at least it had heart, while this one feels mostly contrived. 

But if you liked the first one and wanted to see its sequel, it's available on YouTube and isn't that long so may be worth it. 

I'm glad I saw it. 

No comments: