Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Piercing the Darkness (Review)


 The sequel to This Present Darkness, takes place in another town and focuses on new characters, though Hank and Marshall from the first book to make appearances in the novel. As do some of the angels and demons from the prior book. 

I thought Dad read this to us as a kid but upon re-reading it, I'm not sure he did. This one goes to a few dark places, one of them being a child who is possessed by a demon. Not sure I remember Dad reading that to us and there's a few other topics (child abuse accusations and a hidden Coven in town that practices witch craft) that make me think Dad may have passed on reading this to us as kids. 

It's good but not as good as the first in the series. 


I found out there's a 3rd novel in the series called Prophet but I think I'll pass on it since this one wasn't as good. 

No comments: