Thursday, November 05, 2020

Top 100 Review (#10-1)

 Here we are, the Top 10. What will stay and what will move? Let's get in to it!


#10

This game shot up 10 spots due to it being an election year. Now that it's over it'll move back down the list due to not being played as much. Happens every 4 years for the game so it's expected.


#9

LOVE this auction game on beautiful paintings. It moved up 4 spots to get in to the Top 10 but with the purchase of a newer painting themed game in my collection, I feel this one will fall back out in 2021. 


#8

THE BEST electronic game in my collection. It moved up 1 spot but will be a solid contender in the Top 10 again next year. 


#7

I don't think anyone is more stunned than me that this game is now in my Top 10. Moving up 27 spots I shrug my shoulders on guessing where it'll land next year. If the Mrs. continues to play with me, it stays in the Top 10. 


#6

Hard to see a world where this isn't on my Top 10. Fantastic dice game! Sure it slipped 1 spot on the list but it's still one of my favorite 2 player games that I was ALWAYS get to the table!


#5

Moving up 3 spots is hard to do when you're in the Top 10 but that's exactly what this game did! the expansion is nice but not necessary to make this a great game. Hard to say if it can move up more, but I think it stays on the Top 10 regardless.  


#4

I hate soccer but yet this game moves up 3 spots on the list anyways. GREAT flick'em game that is so outside my M.O. on games. I think this one remains in my Top 10 easily next year. 


#3

This was a tough call for me to make. Taking the former #1 champion down after so long was something I felt was the right thing to do because the past season was a disappointment due to it being so short. Eventually I'll get used to it but for now and sits back slightly on the list, waiting to retain it's position as #1 again next year. Can it do it? You bet it can!

#2

Words cannot describe how grand a game Restoration created here. If they put out another expansion next year it may be enough to catapult this game to #1.


#1

All hail the reigning champion! But can it stay on the list next year? I honestly have no idea. I'll say no since no game on my vintage list ever has but who knows? It's definitely good enough to retain its position on the list. 


We'll just have to wait and see!

No comments: