Tuesday, May 26, 2020

The Lighthouse (Review)

I'd heard good things of this movie about 2 men running a lighthouse back in the late 1800's. The film was shot in black and white and only has two cast members. Robert Patrick and William DaFoe.

What it ended up being was a confused jumbled mess of scenes that went no where. More artsy-fartsy that witty and deep. Such a disappointment. I remember being 30 minutes in and thinking "Do I want to even continue this?" I decided to go ahead and do it, thinking it would all make sense in the end.

An hour and 3 minutes in I had a feeling I'd made a huge mistake with the use of my time. By the time the end of the movie came around I was pissed.

Don't watch this. Though it has  a few interesting scenes in the beginning, when Robert Patrick sees a Mermaid....it's all downhill from there. 

No comments: