Monday, October 21, 2019

Lord of the Rings Animated Movie review

I can't remember the last time I saw this or in that case if I ever did in the first place! But this movie is covers all of the first book and half of Two Towers before ending on a cliffhanger.

I remember we had a children's novel based off the movie but I think that may be all. I don't recall seeing it really. It took place in 1978 and wasn't bad animation for it's time. Sure most of the time they filmed real people and just drew over them but I bet that kind of stuff was considered "cutting edge" back then.

The movie follows most of the beats from the books and is somewhat interesting at points. I wouldn't call it a work of art but I did enjoy it, if not for just seeing the story done right.

I plan on going back and watching "The Hobbit" animated movie next and then (if I can find it) Return of the King.

No comments: