Monday, September 24, 2018

Bozo the Clown

Back in my childhood days I remember watching one thing every weekday morning and that was Bozo.

He was on WGN from Chicago and my brothers and I didn't miss an episode in the 80's and early 90's. Wizzo and Cookie were his right hand men and when the actor playing Cookie suffered from heart problems, they brought in Spiffy to fill the gap.

 These were characters we grew up loving as kids. (before clowns were labeled "scary") Though cheesy the show was fun to watch as Cookie tried every episode to lead the Grand March but was out smarted by Bozo every time he made a bet with him to see who would lead.
Sadly, the show ended in 2001 and besides reruns hasn't been seen since. Even recorded episodes are few and far between since the studio trashed them all shortly after it was over.

This is something I'd love to see come back one day though I think most of the actors are dead, they could be replaced if you had the right people.

I think if more people watched this show they'd love clowns a little bit more.

No comments: