Saturday, November 09, 2013

Top 10 OTHER cereals I wish would come back

A year ago I talked about old cereals that I missed seeing on the shelves. But after a quick Google search one night while bored, I discovered several other boxes of cereal that I'd forgotten about!

So here's a list of additional cereals I wish were still around: (in no order)

 We never saw the movie as kids but for some strange reason, Mom would buy us the cereal. Which actually wasn't that bad! I remember talking with my friends about what the movie was about and knew it had something to do with music because of the musical marshmallow notes that were in my bowl every morning.
 Teddy Grahams were HUGE at one time. I remember always having a box of them around the house at any time! So the obvious choice was made to turn them into a cereal. And we ate them all with milk too! I even recall using actually teddy grahams and putting them in milk as well.

Yeah, I'm a crazy man. I know.
 The perfect option between the two other existing Pebble cereals. Though not my favorite of the 3 I always made sure to tell Mom I wanted some every once in a while so I could test it out.  Though there were better "marshmallow" cereals around, this one tugged at my Pebble loyalty quite often.
 Look real close at the cereal. Banana and berry shaped. Honestly I don't remember the flavor but those shapes brought back a TON of memories. We ate this a lot at the house growing up so it must have been pretty good. If only I could go back time I'd......invest in Apple stock, but I'd be eating a bowl of these while doing it!!
 What can I say? I'm a sucker for anything with a donut on the box. These were sweet tasting goodness that didn't last more than 2 days around our house. We LOVED them! The cereal was the perfect blend of fluffy and crunchy yet never soggy. Whoever created this cereal is now making a life conducting brain surgery I'm sure of it.
What a wonderful idea combining this classic campfire treat into a cereal?! They tasted similar to Golden Grahams and were a huge hit with us as kids. I'm boggled as to why it's not around anymore. I guess marshmallow cereals took a nose dive as our generation grew up and their generation chose... LUCKY CHARMS?! Are you freakin' kidding me?!
We weren't allowed to watch the movie, but when Mom agreed to buy us the cereal it was just as good. Those marshmallow ghost tasted so good that I'd try to eat around them so I could save them for last. The yummiest bites you'll ever taste my friends! And when they later added Slimer marshmallow?! Whoa. Watch. Out.
But "The" marshmallow cereal for me was always with the Krispies. I can't explain it but their marshmallow cereal always tasted the best to me. Years went by before I realized this long time favorite had fallen from the shelves. Anyone who had this cereal knows what I'm talking about. The marshmallows were so chewy!
I can't believe I forgot about this cereal the first time around. Rocky Road was something Mom always let us get and was usually gone in 2 days tops. I even remember the commercials for it too. Characters rocking out, begging you to devour them....sounds kind of sick now that I think of it, but devour them we did!
Some of you won't know this, while others will fall out of their chair when looking at the photo. A cereal with sprinkles. Now why hadn't anyone else thought of that?! And while we're at it, how did they stop making this in the first place?! Did I mention the sprinkles? I remember the cereal being good but pouring out the leftover milk. Face it, besides the chocolate cereals you had was there any of you who drank the leftover milk in the end?
 
Didn't think so.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You weren't allowed to watch Ghostbusters? That's nuts man. I didn't get to see it until after my parents did, but I saw it on VHS when it came out. I loved the cereal for it too, for a short time it came with a hologram on the box of the logo, I cut it out and kept it for a long time.