Sunday, November 03, 2013

Grumpy(and Grumpier) Old Men

So last week while at Wal-Mart I spotted a gem of a deal. Both Grumpy Old Men and Grumpier Old Men in the $5 DVD bin.

I snatched a copy right up and took it home to watch.

If you've never seen them before GO GET IT. It's money well spent! These movies star screen legends Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon in what was the last set of "blockbusters" they made together.

To me it ranks at the top for both of them. But the late great Burgess Meredith is the one who constantly steals scenes in both movies. The picture above is my favorite scene of all time and will have you cracking up guaranteed!

I was sad to find out poor Burgess had alzheimers during the last movie and had to be gently coached thru each scene. Amazing because it seemed like he didn't miss a beat!

These movies have it all! A simple story plot, with sentimental and humorous scenes sprinkled throughout the entire film. It was a joy to watch and I'm proud to have as part of my selection!

And for $5, you should make it part of yours too!

No comments: