Sunday, June 17, 2018

Depression and Suicide

It's a fact that some people deal with depression. Just this week we've seen a few more celebrity suicides and its got everyone talking about how to deal with the subject. So far, I haven't heard anyone in the media get it right.

Not to sound like a door to door Mormon here but you need Jesus in your life to make you feel complete.

I hear from people who suffer from depression to say "they just want to be happy, but can't find a reason to" It tells me right there that they're missing the most fundamental thing in their life.

Through God all things are possible. I'm not saying believers never have a bad day or never have things go wrong with their lives, I'm saying that when they do, they can always find comfort that God has a plan for them and it's for the best. (no matter how hard times get)

When I lost my job with Direct TV as they shut down our call center 10 years ago, I was worried. I had my savings, but the depression was starting and jobs were scarce. I had a huge cut in pay, a house payment and bills that weren't going down in cost. If was one of the roughest times in my life. I had no idea what to do.

Funny things is, if it had been just me I was providing for, I probably wouldn't have cared as much, but being married I was worried about providing for us both. We cut cable, lowered out use on electricity and everything else we could think about to cut cost. Every night I went to bed thinking "Am I going to lose my home?"

But I knew God had a plan and that thought was the only thing to keep me going and give me hope. In the end God's plan was revealed in where I eventually got a much better job than before and have a brilliant career ahead of me.

Now if the call center had been running I probably would've stayed there and missed out on a fantastic opportunity I have instead, so it all worked out in the end.

Those who are not believers can't relate. They let the pressure of life hit them with no faith they'll make it out of the abyss of their own lives. I pray for them to find comfort in Him, the one true God who will guide and comfort them through troublesome times. 


No comments: