Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Ben Shapiro Has it right

Had to take this post down from theexpandeduniverse.com because Ben Shapiro was deemed "too offensive" for the website I co-created....go figure.

So screw the snow flakes, I'm posting it here:

Love him or hate him, Ben Shapiro just knocked a homerun out of the park in his response to the main stream media's biased view on Star Wars fans. Here's what he had to say about them and Kathleen Kennedy:

“Calling your audience a bunch of deplorables didn’t work well for Hillary Clinton; it’s not going to work well for Disney, either,” Mr. Shapirowrote. “But that didn’t stop Bernardin from laying all the blame for ‘Star Wars” failures not at the feet of studio head Kathleen Kennedy but at the feet of the ‘toxic fandom.’”

I have to "ditto" his words that this insane treatment of Star Wars fans is the real reason the Star Wars franchise is sinking and here's the kicker, I DON'T want it to sink!

I'm not among the minority of fans who delight and rejoice in the downfall of the franchise. I don't cheer their failures, I only face palm and shake my head at the sheer stupidity of how they treat their fans. 

Abusing fans won't make them loyal, it turns them away. And that's exactly what we're seeing in the fandom today.

It's my sincerest hope that Lucasfilm will silence those who insist on causing strife and negativity towards the fans and start focusing on rebuilding their content and making it something that all fans can enjoy.

If you saw Solo and liked it, I'm happy for you. I'm not against anyone who wants to enjoy the new cannon of stories. I believe Star Wars fans don't have to love every aspect of the franchise to be considered a "true" fan.

This website is dedicated to the old canon and celebrates everything we love about the Expanded Universe. I'd like to remind everyone to keep Ben's quote in mind when we discuss Star Wars with other fans. Whatever their likes or dislikes, everyone should be treated with respect.

I hope Lucasfilm learns that lesson before it's too late.

No comments: