Monday, June 25, 2018

Blast from the past (Part 1)

This week, I thought I'd share a few images of things from the past I remember seeing/having as a kid. Today I'm looking at a few gums from my childhood.

Back in the day companies were looking for any way to get you to buy bubblegum. One horrible idea was selling it to you in a little jug. Powder that (if consumed enough at a time) would transform into gum. Sound gross? It was. I tried it once and never went back!

I remember the Bank of Forest in Mississippi where I grew up, used to give these boxes out to us whenever Mom took us to the bank. I always looked forward to that strong peppermint taste! I still see them around today but the appeal I had as a child for them is no longer there.



I remember thinking this was the next evolution in bubble gum! I gooey center!! How perfect! I remember having it once or twice and thinking how good it was. Years later my mind was quickly changed. Yuck. What was I thinking?! ......dang, I think it'd try it again right now just to make sure....what's wrong with me?!

These tasted horrible and I never was a fan. I think we got them from Mom as a stocking stuffer one year because Mom probably thought they were funny. The gum tasted heavily processed and the idea of making gum like a band aid makes no sense at all.

More stuff to come this week!

No comments: