Saturday, June 16, 2018

BGG Spring Con "Buy" list

Here's what I played and what I ended up buying once it was all said and done!

 Thought the game was fun but not worth the price they're asking.
 Garbage game. One of my least favorite that we played at the con. I don't know why this gets so much love from folks. Extremely boring game. None of us enjoyed it.
 I can see why folks like this dice drafting game but the problem is, they've made better ones since this came out so I'm passing on it.
 Another horribly boring game. There were only 5 games I didn't enjoy playing at the Con, this was one of them.
 Great game. Bought it online once we left the con. Beautiful looking game.
 Looks nice, has good mechanics but fell flat ultimately, so I'm going to pass on picking it up.
 Great game but the end just happens and it's over with no further moves (or tiles) left to play. Due to the disappointing ending to the game I'm not buying it. Shame though, if the end of the game wasn't so bad I'd have bought it.
 Another big bummer on the list. The game looks great, the game play looks fun but it's broken because it allows players to hoard goods with no penalty. So all you have to do to win is corner the market on all goods and wait for the prices to go up to sell. Hated it was broken. Can't buy this one either.
 Fun game but not worth $60. If it ever drops to $30 I'll consider it.
Good game. Got it for $10. My nephews love it more than me but since I got a deal, I don't mind keeping it in my collection.

 Had to talk myself out of buying this one. Super great game but too similar to others I already have in my collection, so I'm not picking it up.
 Loved it. Bought it. Can't wait for it to come in.
 Same as the last game. It's coming in the same order as Rajas of the Ganges.
 Another good game I ordered. The website looked sketch but they did take paypal and I have received a confirmation email as well as a shipping email so we'll see what happens. I am excited to get the game.
 Another fun game but it's not for sell online or second hand, so I guess I'm not getting it.
 Bought it for $10. Love this game. Well worth every penny!
 Another good one that I picked up for $10. I think this is one I'll enjoy more the more it comes to the table!
 Nice dice chucking game but I'm not picking it up due to the lack of choices you have at the end of your turn.
 Bought for $10. Megan loves elephants and this pick up and deliver game is actually pretty good!
Dice placement game with interesting mechanic but not interesting enough to purchase. Have to pass on this one.
 Simple worker placement game with a fun theme. Bought.
 Children's game. Kind of fun but I found something better we loved playing and got that instead.
 Another big disappointment for me. I thought this game would be more fun, it wasn't. Not adding it to my list.
 Really wonderful game. I had to think about it since its a little expensive to get but I found it for a good deal and pulled the trigger. Don't regret it either. It's a fun game!
 I get the hype for this game but "Long Shot" does a better job and I already have that so I won't need this.
 Fun live bidding game that I'm going to have to pass on because their are better bidding games out there to play.
 Horrible game. Only got it because my nephews wanted to play it. Not worth your time or anyone's to play.
 Quite fun! But not worth getting. Though I would play it again if I go back next year.
 I won this game and I'm glad because it's such a fun game, I've decided to keep it in my collection.
Another game I won and another game I really enjoyed playing! Win-win!
 Really beautiful game. This was the "hotness" at the con. I got a copy but decided to give it to a friend of mine since Megan isn't interested in playing it and neither were my nephews.
 SO much fun! I'm not buying it though because there are better games out there to own. But this is another game I wouldn't mind playing again at BGG Spring Con next year.
 Didn't think I'd enjoy this one that much but ended up loving it so I picked up a copy for my own.
 Great game but at $500 a copy I can't afford it.
 Best game of the con. Bought a copy.
Simple fun but not as good as everyone claims it to be. Too expensive online which is another reason I won't be getting it.

I also bought another game that wasn't there but I wanted to play it so bad I decided to get it anyway. "Surf's Up Dude!" is a surfing game that looks really good. I only paid $10 for it so we'll see how it goes when it comes in any day now.

See ya later folks!

No comments: