Thursday, June 28, 2018

Blast from the past (Part 4)

Today I going to talk about a few miscellaneous items from my childhood.

The old Braun calculators! I had one of these as a kid. The buttons were just like like!

I used to buy disposable cameras all the time! It was so easy. Take the pictures, drop them off at the One-Hour Photo Center and pick up your pictures shortly thereafter! The tab next to the lens was in case you needed a flash. As weird as it sounds, I miss these too!

Soap holders for your shower! My grandparents had these in there homes, yet I never see any around today! Thinking about it, it's not a bad idea. Avoids getting soap residue in the "cliff" of your shower. Maybe I should look into getting one...

Teledex!! Slide the middle handle to the letter in the alphabet and punch the tab at the bottom to open it and see the address of phone number you were looking for. Dad had one of these in his office when we were kids. I played with it all the time and thought it was one of the coolest things EVER! If I ever find one at a flea market or antique store I just might pick it up!

And finally is the old cardboard airplane. These came in packs you'd put together. They sported various company logos on them and generally ok to play with. If you bent any of the pieces though you had a botched plane that either didn't fly or flew crooked. But on those rare times you got it right...you were the envy of the entire neighborhood!

That's all for now!




No comments: