Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Blast from the past (Part 3)

Today I'm looking at a few toys from my past that I haven't mentioned on my blog before. Which isn't easy considering how many times I've talked about this.

No idea why I remember this but I do. You put it around your ankle and skipped around with it.....yippie.

The Pizza Hut hand puppet!!! I remember this dude! A cheap plastic glove that you put your hand in and play with. They used to give them out to kids who ate there. Why someone thought this was a "fun" thing for kids is beyond me.

Remember this?!? You could make your own pot holder kids! How fun is that?! I think EVERYONE had one of these back in the day. We did. It usually substituted for a spider's web or a trap for my action figures. I don't think we ever made a pot holder from this my entire life.

There's a reason Mom never bought these for all of us as kids. This was too much fun! Punching your brothers as hard as you could and not hurting them as much as you wish you did. We LOVED these things! Dang! I think I'd buy some right now if I saw them at the store! Knock my little nephews around in them.

And finally there's this. Mom got them for us for X-mas one year. Cheaply made, you would throw the ball and catch it with your paddle of Velcro. The colors were ugly because it was the 90's and neon was all the rage. I remember the Velcro easily coming off the paddles over time and the whole "toy" being a bust.

See you next time folks!





No comments: