Thursday, October 01, 2015

Best Concerts I've been to

So yesterday's post got me thinking about all the concerts I've been to in the past and which ones were my favorites. So I've listed them here in order of which ones I wish I could go back and experience again:

Jars of Clay

I'm cheating on this one because it was actually billed as Cademan's Call concert, but Cademan's Call SUCKED and the opening band Jars of Clay stole the show!!! I was so impressed with how good they were, I went out and bought their CD's. (something I hadn't done back in the late 90's because I thought they were just "ok")

But that night, they put on a show!

Creed

I know. I was shocked I loved this one too. Not that I hated Creed back in the day, I thought they were overplayed on the radio at the time and only went to this because my roommate at the time loved them. But I was surprised on two things.

One, their opening band Finger 11 was INCREDIBLE! My buddy was also impressed and we bought both their albums the next day. Creed also surprised me because the concert was much better than I expected it to be.

Breaking Benjamin

Let me be honest and say this one's on the list because I was a huge fan at the time and was so happy to see them in concert. They played all their favorite hits and it was just a good time all around.

(plus Megan was with me. Kind of our "first date" together, though she wouldn't call it that)

3 Doors Down

Of all the concerts on my list, this one I had the most fun at. We moshed, made friends and moshed again. An unknown back Nickleback opened up for them at the time and this was the only time I enjoyed listening to them.

I STILL get noticed by someone from that concert to this day! Once or Twice a year I see this girl from the concert who refers to me as "concert guy" because we saw each other at several concerts around the state that year. (she was at the Creed concert too)

This would be a GREAT concert to go back in time and experience all over again...but it's not my number #1....

Nine Inch Nails

When making this list by determining which one I'd like to relive again, I was shocked this was at number one. But the more I thought about it, the more I was sure this was the right choice.

First off, I never was supposed to have a ticket to this show in the 1st place. They were sold out and I didn't get one. But while hanging out with my friends we heard on the radio that they were giving away tickets to a few lucky winners who came on location to where they were broadcasting live, so on a hunch we decided to go.

There wasn't that many people who showed up. 11. And they had 10 tickets to give away so our chances were good.

I ended up being the only one who didn't get a ticket.

I was bummed. But congratulated my friends all the same and wished them fun at the concert. But my buddy figured he didn't want to go that bad and gave me his ticket (and his girlfriend) for the night. LOL

And this concert was incredible. Crowd surfing, mosh pitting and the band even jumped into the crowd! They gave away drum sticks, picks and even GUITARS at the end. (though I only nabbed a drum stick and pick) It was an amazing night and I think that's all we talked about the whole hour and a half back home.

To express my thanks, I gave the pick to her boyfriend who ended up thanking me in return because he didn't like loud music in the 1st place, so it all worked out for the best.

GREAT NIGHT.

What about you? What's the best concert you've ever been to?




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

U2. It's not close. If I was forced to name a distant second, it would be Pearl Jam.

-Melton

kidcardco said...

Ha ha ha! Never been to U2 before, but I'm sure they're good!

Anonymous said...

I've seen them 4 times now. Each time they blew me away. Seriously, even non-U2 fans would be impressed by the way they put on a show, and the craftsmanship behind their music. It's insane.

-Melton