Friday, October 16, 2015

Fair prizes!

Forgot to mention yesterday that I picked up some beanie babies at the fair! We got 12 in all but these two meant the most to me because we used to sell them in our Card and Comic shop back when they were hot.

We sold several more (which I also picked up) but these two in particular I remember because we traded these bears for all sorts of things back in the day. Free mall food, mall merchandise and even higher grades in college!

Believe it or not, back in the late 90's these things were virtually legal tender among society. The market bottomed out on them just a few years later but we'd jumped out of the business in time and avoided taking a bath on them. Luckily, I knew they were a fad and never collected them back in the day.

Now, they're so dirt cheap we picked up all 12 of he for $20 and I'm sure the guy would have given us a few extra if we'd have asked!

But I got the ones I cared about for "memories" and keepsakes. I'm not about to jump in to collecting these. I have just the collection I need on my shelf right now.

No comments: