Saturday, October 17, 2015

Baseball Predictions (Round 2)

What an exciting week in Baseball! Let's run down my predictions and see how I did this past week!

AL Wild Card: Astros vs Yankees

My Pick: Yankees

SO happy to be wrong here! I said I'd be cheering for the Astros AND that I though they were the better team, yet due to their September slump and the Yankees UNBELIEVABLE luck in the post season I thought somehow they'd make it by Houston.

Good to be wrong!

My Record: 0-1

NL Wild Card: Cubs vs Pirates

My Pick: Cubs

Let's face it, I don't know of a single soul who picked the Pirates to win. This was a no-brainer.

My Record 1-1

ALDS Rangers vs Blue Jays

My Pick: Blue Jays

To my chagrin I should have gotten this wrong. The Rangers GAVE game 5 to Toronto for the win. Also, I would have said that the Blue Jay's sweep the Rangers if you'd asked me for more details. Never did I think the Rangers would put up such a fight only to choke hard on a lead, 3 games in a row.

My Record: 2-1

ALDS Astros vs Royals

My Pick: Royals

True I thought this would be against the Yankees but I did say it'd go all 5 games with the Royals squeaking out a win in the end. Man, how close did they come to blowing it all in Game 4 though?! Shocked on how the series went but I'll take the win!

My Record: 3-1


NLDS Cubs vs Cardinals

My Pick: Cardinals

 Wow. The Cubs came to play. Who would've seen that coming!? Gotta hand it to them, they are the team to beat in the series now.

My Record: 3-2

NLDS Dodgers and Mets

My Pick: Mets

I was one of 2 people I saw online to pick the Mets...and I almost got it wrong. I thought the Mets would close in 4. When they didn't, I was worried. In fact, last Thursday was the sickest I've ever been when watching a Mets game.

We got the win, Utley will get the suspension, plus a bean ball his first at bat against the Mets.

My Record: 4-2

Not doing so bad so far! So let's get to my next round of picks!

ALCS Blue Jays vs Royals

Everyone (and I mean everyone) has the Blue Jays winning this series and I had them winning it too. I love the Royals and I'll be cheering for them. But to go to back to back WS trips is statically too rare to ignore.

Blue Jays in 6

NLCS Cubs vs Mets

A team that was predicted to land in the basement of the NL East is now playing in the NLCS. Gotta love it! While I'm extremely thankful for another week of baseball I also know this is the end of the road for the Mets. We haven't beat the Cubs this whole season and we're not about to start now.

Cubs pitching OWNS the Mets and their batters own our pitchers. It's the "kobayashi maru" scenario for the Mets and there's no way to get out of it. I'm proud of my Mets but even I know this next week is going to get ugly.

Thankfully it'll be a quick post-season death. Cubs sweep 4 straight.

* kobayashi maru is the impossible scenario featured in Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Kahn, where no one wins it. Unless you're Kirk....who cheated....so if we had Utley....we'd have a chance.


No comments: