Monday, October 12, 2015

2nd tier holiday rankings

A while back I ranked my favorite holidays from worst to first. I ignored all of the secondary holidays back then so today I thought I'd give you my rundown (worst to first) of the secondary holidays I've enjoyed over the years.

#6 MLK Day

A worthless holiday I've never enjoyed. Just another day off. Nothing ever fun happens on this day.

#5 Presidents Day

Another day where nothing happens. The only reason it gets #5 is because of my childhood days in school when we used to sing to George Washington's picture. (I know, weird) but afterwards we each got a cupcake, so that was fun!

#4 Columbus Day

I usually do something fun but not memorial on this day. It's dropped a lot since we don't get it off anymore at Chase. But still, old memories keep it afloat for #4

#3 Veterans Day

Another day that gets a little love because I always end up doing something fun on my day off over it. It's the perfect time of the year as well since it's right around the corner from Thanksgiving.

#2 Labor Day

Now we're getting to the good stuff. This holiday always comes around my anniversary so of course I love it. Since we travel a lot on this holiday it gets ranked high...but not high enough to beat #1

#1 Memorial Day

Hitting right around my birthday, this holiday is more fun to me than 4th of July. (Labor Day for that matter as well) I used to throw the BIGGEST parties on this holiday. Back in the day, you went to my house for Memorial Day. And though I don't hold the tradition anymore, every once in a while I throw a little something together for the fun of it.







No comments: