Friday, October 02, 2015

Worst concerts

Even though I gave these away in yesterday's post I still want to talk about 3 concerts that were a TOTAL waste of my time seeing.

Caedmon's Call

I spoke about this already and if it weren't for Jars of Clay opening up for them this would have been higher on the list.

Let me just say this, I USED to be a Caedmon's Call fan before I went to this concert.

They refused to play cover songs that were popular with the crowd. They were rude and stopped the performance halfway in once folks started booing their bland performance. It was as though they didn't even want to be there...and the feeling was mutual.

Switchfoot

Another band I was a big fan of and walked away extremely disappointed when they took out the the Christian references in their songs to appeal to a secular crowd.

That spineless behavior made me give up their music for good.

Nickleback

Remember when I told you that the 3 Doors Down concert was the only time I enjoyed hearing this band? Well that rang true a few short years after that concert when I attended one of their own concerts which headlined the band. Not only did they tell the crowd to "calm down and take a seat" but it got so drab people started striking up conversations in the middle of their songs like we were in a bar and they were just background music.

Terrible concert. Worst I ever went to. Forget Nickleback, I want my Moneyback.

I know it wasn't that funny, I just had to say it. 


No comments: