Saturday, October 13, 2012

5 things the Mets must do for 2013

It's true I love me some Mets and even though our hopes for next year seem bleak here's 5 steps the Mets must take in order to be ready for 2013 and beyond:
 Get better pitching: Let's face it, in today's game it's all about pitching. No team can survive without it. (Just ask the Rangers) The Mets need to sandbag any funds they make this off season and add more meat to the bullpen.


Build our farm teams: Seriously, let's go after whoever scouts for the Royals, Rays or A's and hire them. These teams churn our more prospects in one season then we have in 10 years and the he best we've come up with is Ike Davis.
Trade David Wright: There. I said it. It wasn't fun to say but it has to be done. If he has any value in the off season we should dump him for some prospects and build our team for the future. David's a great ball player and I appreciate what he's done in New York but this guy won't be offended at all if he's traded. Who knows? Perhaps he'll get on a good team and get that World Series ring he justly deserves. The Mets need to let go of the past and embrace the future. Getting rid of David Wright is their first step. 

Trade R.A. Dickey: Hold on, let me wipe the tear from my eye because this hurts too. With Santana and Bay's contracts still looming over the Mets no fan in their right mind thinks we have a chance competing next year. Dickey's stock has never been higher which means we can expect excellent prospects for him in return. I loved Dickey from the very beginning  I'm happy for the season he had and wish him the best when he leaves. 

 Find a use for Jason Bay: I'm thinking of having him work the concession stands or serving punch in the clubhouse after every Met's win. DON'T let him in the dugout (unless we need a batboy for the night) or stick him with the Kingsport Mets so he can play among peers.

Ok I'm done with my baseball rant. Until next season... LET'S GO METS!!


No comments: