Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Van Weezer (Review)


 This was supposed to be out in 2020 but due to the pandemic....for some reason they didn't want to release it. It was pushed back a full year which bummed me out because we'd already gotten to hear a track from it and it sounded amazing. 

Now I year later, they've released another album, (Ok, Human) which I spoke about yesterday. This came out with much anticipation from me and other fans and I have to admit, like other fans I was underwhelmed.

It's not a bad album at all. In fact, it's pretty decent. But with it being delayed for a whole year, the expectations from fans could never be matched to whatever this album had on it so I think it was doomed to fail regardless. One strange decision was to include the single "Beginning of the End" on the album.  But a different version than what was on the Bill and Ted soundtrack.

In fact... it's worse. I like the Bill ad Ted version SO much better. This new version has less energy it seems. Odd because I'm not sure what Weezer was trying to do with it. And that it was a repeat on an album with only 10 tracks was a little disappointing too. 

Overall, it's not a bad album, but won't be remember as one of the best from Weezer fans either. Such a shame. 

No comments: