Thursday, August 26, 2021

The Waddington Story (Book review)


 I love Waddington games. Back in the 80's and 90's they were KILLING the market with some of the finest produced games I've ever seen! So when I was given a chance to read the hard to find book on the company I was excited!

Unfortunately it doesn't talk much about their foray into board games but rather the company as a whole. It was interesting but I found it funny he spent so much time talking about how they fended off a hostile takeover, only to end up selling the company a few years later to someone else and laying everyone off. 

The author is so petty that he even thinks of "cut downs" for the person responsible for the hostile takeover AFTER the fact. Sorry, but I can't feel sorry for a corporate scumbag who ended up selling the company on his terms and watched it dissolve into nothing as he walked away with millions. 

Sad because I know there's better stories out there about the company in its heyday that aren't told by the higher ups and THAT is something I'd be interested in reading. 

Though I'm glad I got a chance to check it out, I'm disappointed with how it was presented by the author.  

No comments: