Monday, August 16, 2021

Purge Season 1 (Review)


 I never knew they made a TV series of this movie franchise. I don't even know how I missed it when it was out. 

I enjoy the movies. They're more "one and done" for me but still doesn't mean that I don't check each one out when they arrive for rental. For example, I'll be watching "The Forever Purge" once it's out on Redbox or streaming for sure. But a TV show? Let's review season 1. 

The first season takes place over one Purge night and focuses on a handful of characters that eventually all connect in the end. 

While some of the story lines are mediocre, the series manages to plod along through 10 episodes without dragging too bad. 

In the end, it was ok, but inferior to the movies. I'd heard this when first looking in to it but had to check it out anyway. 

Good news is you DON'T have to watch this to understand the 2nd season, which deals with an entirely different cast and story. I can recommend the first season if you're a die hard fan of the franchise, but if you find yourself getting bored you can skip to season 2. 

No comments: