Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Best Robin

Whoa boy is this going to be short. There's only 2 boy wonders to speak about. I don't even think it's necessary to rank them so here goes:

Chris O'Donnell (Bad)



This wasn't Robin. This was some rebellious punk who didn't think much of Batman (at first) and wasn't really that smart to begin with. Everything Robin is, Joe Shumaucher took away and instead left of with some generic kid of the 90's who didn't "go by the rules" or care what other people thought. Pathetic portrayal.

Burt Ward (Good)



Like it or not the creator's of the show really took a lot of time and thought into what the boy wonder should be about. He was smart enough to figure things out without Batman's help at times and was devoutly faithful to the Bat without question.

Now can someone do a better job than Ward? Sure. I just haven't seen one do it yet.

Batgirl tomorrow.

3 comments:

kidcardco said...

No arguments on this one I see. : )

Unknown said...

Nope. Chris O'Donnell sucked HARD. Too old to be robin in the first place, if they were gonna go with a robin that old, just skip the robin mythos altogether, and call him nightwing. I mean his costume in Batman & Robin looks like the current incarnation of nightwing.

Anonymous said...

I'm not familiar with his backstory but I'd agree with what you have. Besides, I love Burt Ward!

Megan