Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Best Riddler

The Riddler is my favorite Batman villain. Always has been. So today we'll look at who portrayed him the best...

2) Jim Carrey



Carrey did a wonderful job in Batman Forever. In fact, he and Val Kilmore are the only reasons why anyone should watch the film! It's funny when you look at his performance, because it closely mimics the master of the role...

1) Frank Gorshin



When I think of the Riddler, this is who I see. Gorshin was brilliant in his role. Which actually helped catapult the Riddler's character as being one of Batman's biggest nemesis. Before the TV show he was one of Batman's small time villains in the comics. Frank also invented the Riddler's infamous "Question Mark Suit" look, because he didn't want to be running around in the tights the whole time.

Amazing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No love for John Astin's Riddler?

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll agree On this one and this is why... Frank did a phenominal job as the Riddler. Now, I LOVE Jim Carrey (a lot) and I love him as the riddler and I don't think any one could do it better....like jack and the joker! Anyway, it's obvious Jim studied Frank's character (and believe he has said that in an interview) so I have to give credit where it's due. They both were great and this would almost be a tie, but it's like 100-99%.
As far as John Astin (Im surprised he's not listed) but he'd be the last one. Didn't care for his riddler too much. Reminded me of a spastic Gomez Addams.

Megan :)

kidcardco said...

I thought about putting John Astin in the rankings but since he played Riddler for one episode of the series only due to a contract dispute with Gorshin at the time, I ruled him out.

However if ranked, he'd have gotten distant 3rd.

Anonymous said...

MERSOMC is supposed to be part of CARDCO?
This is located by RED CANYON LODGE?
And if that's true, DC 's in big trouble.
Because they got OURACCER 1 attached to SOGODU.
Put it together with Dwight and Eadiitorl Dhliget, shit happens.
And not just with " Rory Gorey" .
But also with KERRYR 78.
It's no WONDE they got Adams, Meese, and
D. J M.O.R.G.
And Newfoundland now points its finger at " Billy Gunn".