Thursday, December 13, 2018

Take 5 Cakes

Time to talk about the sweeter side of things and address what my favorite cakes are!

 1) Zebra Cake

Mom makes this once a year for Dad's birthday and it's one of the most amazing things on the planet. Hard to come by these days since it's so rare to find stores that carry the Nabisco Chocolate Wafers needed to make the cake.
 2) Carrot Cake

I never ate this as a kid but now that I'm older it's growing on me. This is Megan's favorite cake and I'm almost there in aggreeance with her. LOVE me some Carrot cake!
 3) Chocolate

Always say "Yes" to a slice no matter what it is. Death by Chocolate is a personal favorite but it doesn't matter overall.
 4) Pound cake

I like it fried with butter but will take it plain Jane as well. Mom doesn't make it as often as she used to so I don't have it much anymore these days....goodness knows I can't make one either.
5) Angel Food

Used to be my absolute favorite as a kid but since Mom rarely makes it anymore I have to rank it here. Cold and served with Chocolate whipped cream is my favorite way to eat it. Berries are optional.

That's my Top 5, what's yours?

No comments: