Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Wildstorm Review: The Kindred

What do you get when you put 2 of the coolest super heroes in the Wildstorm Universe together in the same comic? A whole lot of awesomeness, that's what!

Kindred stars Backlash (formerly featured in Stormwatch until the creators realized he was way to cool a character for such a lame group of super heroes) and Grifter from WILDCATS. One of Images more popular comics at the time. (my brother collected them)

I don't know exactly why I bought it because I didn't buy either of their team of individual comic books at the time, but I thought the art was good as was the story so I picked it up.

After re-reading it again...still good. The art though is the highlight of the series. It's SO beautiful to look at, I'm not sure if I've seen many of artist do a better job. The story further explores the past of a super team known as Team 7 who would later star in their own comic, but back then it was still a mystery as to who they really were.

Is it worth your time? Yes. Especially if you love good artwork. It's one of the best!

No comments: