Friday, April 07, 2017

Classical inclination

This past month I got the strange urge....for classical music. I find it odd because I don't listen to it that much but did growing up. Over the summer our Dad made us listen to one album a day from one of the classical composers. Then on Friday he would test us to see if we could tell who was who. It was part of our "summer Education" I guess and every Sunday dad would always have the music rolling through the house as we got ready for church that morning.

I remember plenty a time waking up to Bach, Vivaldi, Mozart and Beethoven more than one occasion. I guess in my "older" age I've grown to appreciate it once again but REALLY enjoy it for it's brilliance and not just nostalgia.  

In fact...I'm listening to it right now as I type this post!

Have a good weekend everybody!

No comments: