Friday, April 14, 2017

The downfall of Libraries

I used to love the library. I remember my Mom and Dad taking me all the time to grab a book to read for the summer. Most kids hated it, but I loved picking out new books to read. I loved going back to pick up another one as well!

In high school it was the place to rent videos for free. Mom and Dad did it all the time as did we. (I'd even pick up a book) And to study for any class it was always a joy to go to the library. Then the internet, ebooks and the future come along and now these places are relics of the past.

Previously to this post, I would've defended these once great structures but after an experience I had last week, I can no longer do that.

This place sucks.

And it's not the Library....it's the people that work there. Uncreative, Unimaginative and (some) with no more intelligence than a McDonald's Janitor.

Now I realize this may be only our library but hear me out.

I recently went back to begin a new relationship with my library. There were books I was interested in reading and this was an excellent place to go. When I asked about books on CD they told me about an app I could download to listen to them for free! How awesome is that!!

Then when I was having issues signing on I realized no one in the whole library knew how to work the app....seriously. After 2 days of constant back and forth it was evident to me that these people were too stupid or just didn't care about whether it worked or not. They wanted to sit behind their desk, half asleep and babysit kids too young to drive but too old to play outside.

It's a sad thing to see and after this week, I'm never going back. 

No comments: