Saturday, August 24, 2013

The last Star Wars book?

So I finished reading Star Wars Crucible and wanted to make a short book report on it. (since it's a Saturday and I have no one else to talk to about it)

First off, this may be the very last book (story line wise) to come out if JJ decides to reboot the novels, so reading this was a little sad with that in mind. Overall I enjoyed it. Not the best book bye far but one good enough to end the series on.

If you recall this book was to signify the official "retirement" of the main characters and focus only on the younger generation. Of course it delivered a whallop of a story with the main characters getting pretty badly mutilated at a few points in the book. I won't go in to spoilers but even I was shocked with how far they went in violence in this one. Easily one of the darkest books of the entire series. That friggin Clone Wars Episode about Obi Wan and Anikin on a planet with two children representing both sides of the Force is made the focal point again, I guess they just wanted to drive it home that they weren't just being cute when connecting the Clone Wars cartoon together with the book series. I'm almost to the point where I want to watch that episode again because of all the meaning the novels have added to it over the years.

Anyway, towards the end our heroes are triumphant and the story line is moved a little further on even though you could stop it right here in this book with only a minor loose end or two to wrap up.

If the sale to Disney had not happened I'm sure the authors had another brilliant story in mind to tell. I'm afraid it will never come into fruition now. I purposely found myself reading this book slower than the others solely because I knew this could be the final original story of my beloved characters until their universe comes crumbling down.  

Guess we;ll just have to wait and see if the Force will be truly with them in the end...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Stop being so cynical!

Anger, fear, aggression, the dark side are they.

Unknown said...

That Kenobi novel is still on its way, and the comic series is still in full swing.

kidcardco said...

I'm interested in how that Kenobi novel's going to turn out. I he's supposed to stay on tattooine the whole time I'm curious to how they'll make that exciting. But I am looking forward to it.