Saturday, August 10, 2013

3 movies you don't own (but you should)

So last month I bought a few 80's movies and kinda regretted my decision right after. Did I really need these movies or were the bought on impulse of nostalgia. When they arrived in the mail, I watched them....and I'm so thankful I now have them in my collection. Each one was FANTASTIC and I need to make sure you don't miss them either!

Ok, here we go:

CONDORMAN
Woody Wilkins (yes his last name is actually Wilkins) is a comic book writer who's friend from the CIA enlist him to help a Russian spy defect to the US.  

This is back when Russia was the bad guy in most of our movies and it's a fantastic story. I don't know how I forgot the character's last name was my own AND he draws his own comics?! Hmmm...hits a little too close to home for me!

Look at him, I kinda even look like that! Megan would agree, I'd dress up in something similar and run around the world in a get up like that. In fact, if the CIA called today for my help....maybe Sanrioman could become more than just a dream....

THE LAST STARFIGHTER
This is the best made movies of the bunch. With an incredible soundtrack you follow the adventures of Alex Rogen, A teenager from earth who beats an arcade game and is recruited by an alien from another galaxy to help fight in the exact war that he played in the game. (The arcade was a practice simulation of battle) 

The best line in the whole film (and there's a bunch of them believe me) but when the villain shown above finds the command ship he's on is about to be destroyed is asked by his 2nd hand "Sir, what do we do?!" His response is classic. 

"We DIE!" 

You have to see the movie to get the full effect but it's great. I even bought the soundtrack right after viewing this film. Excellent.

 
 FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR
Last and certainly not least is this CLASSIC 80's film about a boy who has traveled from 1978 to the today (1986) and is "alone in time". He escape the scientist at NASA and discovers the space ship he actually came in but doesn't remember how. Now he's got one goal in mind...to return home. 

Everything about this movie is what you love about 80's movies in general. It was a real gem to watch and even though it'd been literally 2 decades since I've seen it I still remembered every scene the moment it came on the screen. 

These 3 movies are well worth your time. Believe me, you won't regret it. 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All of these. CLASSIC. Although I haven't seen Condorman since the late 80's.