Friday, August 16, 2013

Other burgers

Now it's time to give out other mentions to burgers I've had in the past.

Best fast food burger: Hardees



While fast food restaurants struggle to bring in new customers this place silently sits back and delivers unequaled quality in it's brand. A Hardees burger (or Carl's Jr is you're on the West Coast) is by far head and shoulders above the rest. Whenever we travel down to my grandmothers in Mobile, AL I always make a stop at this place. Sadly there are none in LA yet.

Honorable Mention: Steak and Shake

 Though not exactly a "strictly burgers" kind of joint, this place does give you a million burger options to choose from on it's menu. I could go to this place every day for a week and not be able to sample their huge selection. It's affordable and down right tasty burgers are what brings customers through their door. Again, we don't have one in Monroe which is a shame, I think it'd make a killing here! Not only can you enjoy one of a hundred shake flavors but you can also see your burger being cooked on the grill right there out in the open! It's a wonderful place!

Most Over-rated: In N Out

I had heard so much about this place over the years that I just couldn't wait to try it. That being said, when I finally did it was the biggest disappointment since seeing the smoke monster on Lost. This burger is plain jane and barely beats out a local joint we have around here called Sonic. Don't get me wrong, the burger isn't bad but there's plenty of better ones out there in my opinion. I'm clueless as to why this burger consistently makes it into everyone's "Top 10" list. I guess those people really haven't lived much to be ranking this mediocre burger so high.

Most Desired to try out: Elevation Burger


I love me some Food Network. And when they did a special about this place, I was all ears. I wanted to try it during our last trip to Dallas but didn't have the time. This burger looks good. It gets good reviews and hopefully on our next trip I'll be able to try it out.

Ok folks, that's it/ Any other "burger" nominations out there? I'd be interested to hear them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man, I do love me some Carl's Jr. When I was little growing up in Oklahoma City, we always had Hardee's for breakfast, I still pine away for their steak biscuits. mmmm

Never heard of Steak and Shake, so no comment there.

And you know how I feel about In N Out. It's funny you compare them to Sonic, because to me Sonic is the ALL TIME WORST hamburger you an get. No matter how fresh you get it, it gets cold almost instantly.

That photo from elevation burger looks AMAZING.

There's a chain of frozen custard places here called Freddy's that makes a good burger too, they're thinner like Whataburger's though, but they are tasty.

kidcardco said...

I would try Freddy's and yes, it's just like a sonic burger which is mediocre at best!