Monday, April 02, 2012

Super Powers 4th Wave

One of the best toys I ever played with as a child was the Super Powers from DC and Kenner. They even planned out a 4th wave of toys and even had the first catwoman prototype created. (which is not shown)But here's the ones that they did have completed but never produced.

Bizzaro


I would have gotten this one only because he was part of the Legion of Doom. Other than that, he's nothing special.

Black Vulcan


Just to add more ethnic people into their toy line Kenner came up with Black Vulcan, but I have to ask, why do you have to call him Black? Why not just Vulcan? Or do we HAVE to point out his race and make it obvious why you chose to give him his own figure?!

Racist.

Blue Devil


My mom would've said "No" based on the title above. And another thing, why's he gotta be Blue?! Why not just Devil? Do we really have to point out that he's blue so that... ah, forget it!

Creeper


Another one Mom would never have gotten me based off the name alone.

Green Lantern


Why not Black Lantern?!

Racist.

Golden Superman


Because he was so popular they were thinking of making a Gold Edition Superman and no matter how lame that sounds it would've sold like hot cakes.

And why's he gotta be gold....?

Racist.

Manbat


I would've totally gotten this toy as a kid. Too cool! Plus any Batman bad guy would be good enough for me!

Manhunter


Yeah, if my mom had bought me this action figure as a present I wouldn't cried myself to sleep that night! LAME

Mirror Master


Oddly enough as a kid, I probably would've enjoyed playing with him.

Mr Mxyzptlk


Another toy I wouldn't mind having back in the day since he was a part of the cartoon back then.

Quadrex


The 4th wave of toys weren't all winners and this is the proof!

Rocketman


Wanna bet his alter ego was Elton John?

Vigilante


I guess because he's wearing black we're supposed to assume he's the bad guy. But honestly everything else about him screams LAME.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never seen most of those, but I used to LOVE Super Powers toys as a kid. And yours and my mothers would have both been in agreement on the Blue Devil and Creeper. I remember a lengthy debate on why I should get the Darkseid figure when I found it. I lost. Although my mom was cool with just about any star wars toy I wanted to buy, so I was never too disappointed.

kidcardco said...

Our Mom let us have Darkseid which was strange. We were hardly ever allowed to get the bad guys unless they were human looking.