Thursday, April 12, 2012

Best Nintendo Games

Time to talk about everyone's favorite gaming system and the best games they ever had!

Blades of Steel



The best hockey game of all time! I loved the intro and the game never got old. (which is saying something for a hockey game)

Contra



I don't know of anyone who didn't LOVE this game. Be honest, you all know the cheat code and you all played it at least a million times. In fact, if I put it before you right now you'd probably play it all over again.

Dodgeball



Not many folks will remember this game but it was a fantastic one to play. I remember Jeremy got it one year for xmas and didn't want it, but decided to play it the next morning...and it became one of his favorites.

Double Dribble



As Blades of Steel was to hockey so was Double Dribble to basketball. The never made a better bb game in my opinion.

Double Dragon



One of the few Nintendo games I never beat. I could always make it to the brother but was too nervous to take him down I guess. It was the ONE reason I wanted that dang Game Genie!

North vs South



I remember someone gave this game to dad as a gift and it ended up being one of our favorites over night! It's funny how the little unknown games would sometimes tend to be the best when it came to Nintendo.

Paperboy



I liked this game but I don't know why. It aggravated me so much I remember shutting the system off... then turning it back on to try again.

Punchout



Another game I could never beat but loved to play! I'd still play it today if I had it. Someday I may even beat the Sandman so I could face the man Mike Tyson himself... I hate the Sandman...

RBI



Have to mention a game for every sport in the NES and for baseball it was RBI. All 3 were some of the best baseball games I've ever played! Who didn't like hitting a homerun and seeing the electronic fireworks go off?!

Spyhunter



I seriously considered this one of my favorite games for the system, ever. Playing it later on in life it went down in status but would still be in my top 20.

Spy vs Spy



Many hours of my childhood went by playing this game. Though very simple it provided hours of entertainment to anyone who gave it a chance.

Super Mario 3



Sure all the Mario games were classics but when Super Mario 3 came out I almost believed they should've stopped making video games, cause to me this one was the best! It still ranks #1 on the most excited I've ever been about an Xmas present as a kid!

Techno Bowl



The cult following for this game is so big it's STILL being played today! With an updated roster given every year and the game being downloadable almost anywhere, this game speaks for itself in popularity among old school gamers.

Zelda



You didn't think I'd go the whole time without mentioning this gem did you? No question about it, one of the best things ever to come out of an NES game list. No question about it, great game.

2 comments:

hollie said...

Great post. I can still hear the intro...BLADES OF STEEL! Would love to play again.

Anonymous said...

rbi baseball ps4