Friday, April 20, 2012

Worst video games

Well I've been talking about good video games, so I wanted to spend one day talking about the stinkers.

And. Here. We. GO!

Zelda 2: Adventures of Link



I know I'm going to hear it about this, but it really was a let down after having such a marvelous predecessor before it. I bet it, tossed it aside and never gave it a 2nd thought ever again.

Where's Waldo



Great for books, bad for video games, as anyone who's played this game knows. It was horrible on all levels. You didn't even know where Waldo was even when you "found" him on the screen.

Just a mess!

King's Knight



The same year Jeremy got Dodgeball for Xmas, Bray drew the short end of the stick getting this.

King's Knight was a terrible game of which the first 4 levels could be played in under 20 minutes. The 5th (and final) level took about another 10 and was IMPOSSIBLE to beat! I finally saw online last week someone beating the game but believe me, it was NOT easy.

Dumb game, stupid objectives, no fun, nuff said!

ET



I know I didn't talk about Atari games last week but remember I never had one growing up. (Intellivision all the way baby!!) But I do remember HATING this game. And it wasn't only me it turns out. This game ranks up as one of the worst in history ever made!

Supposedly they were quickly produced with much anticipation to ride on the coat tails of it's theatrical success. The game was so bad it eventually led Atari to it's demise.

4 MILLION unsold games were dumped, crushed and buried in concrete. Yeah this was before the environmentalist went nuts. :)

Rogue Squadron 2



One of the reasons I bought a GameCube in the first place was for this very game! It was so bad I don't think I even finished it. Levels and objectives were so confusing, I even "won" a level without doing anything the entire time! My squad-mates (controlled by the computer)were able to beat it while I flew around lost the entire time!!

What a piece of junk!

The GameCube system



I know it's not an actual game but in my opinion, it was still the worst game system ever made. Poor games and NO memory led to my flight to Xbox after only a few months. I don't know what Nintendo was thinking when did this but it was a poor choice to go up against the Xbox and PS2 which were both available at the time.

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Now, I agree with everything on the list but there's a whole lot more games that can fit on this list, you could probably write just about this subject for months and months.

I would also add the Wii to the list, aside from the novelty of the motion controller (which wears off after the first week or so) there are no decent games for the thing. At least the gamecube had Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

kidcardco said...

Couldn't speak about the Wii since I never owned one. But I remember thinking it was going to bomb and I was wrong about that!

You're right however, plenty of games I could have come up with that were terrible, but I was just considering the worst of the worst.

Anonymous said...

The Wii is awesome. There are a ton of great games for it, and I play it all the time, with and without my kids.

-Melton