Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Intellivision Hall of Fame



When we were kids our first game system was an Intellivision, look at that beautiful wood-grain finish! The controller was pretty simple, a set of buttons that you could insert a plastic sheet over to identify which buttons did what in the game and a disk at the bottom which was usually used for movement. It was very popular in the early 80's even set the template for future video games by being the first to add "speech" to a video game as well as downloadable content!!

These are some of the games I remember (and loved) the most:

Burger Time



You didn't have to have the Intellivision to remember this game. I've never been so afraid of eggs in sausage in my entire life!

Dig Dug



Another classic I found so dang cool! Honestly, who doesn't want to blow animals up with an air pump!

Pitfall



Endlessly fun game of jumping over things, swinging on vines, avoiding quicksand and hopping on alligator heads. Just what every perfect game needs! Plus, Jack Black made his first TV appearance as a kid in the commercial.

Donkey Kong



Another game we all knew and loved. Of course it would make my list.

Lock N Chase



I may be the only one who remembers playing this game but it was a whole lot of fun. It was basically a rip-off of Pac-man but with cops and robbers.

Locomotion



A fun train game that had you shuffling tracks around to keep your choo-choo going across the edges of the board.

Night Strider



I remember this being the last game I bought for the system. I loved it and don't know why. You fought 2 bats, a spider and a robot in the same level. I remember the graphic looked "cool"

Sea Battle



By looking at the screenshot, you wouldn't get it but believe me this game was fun. Each team was not only trying to destroy the other but take over the opponents base. Good stuff!

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons



It doesn't look like much but it was such an enjoyable game! Hearing the snake or a dragon before you saw it was extremely scary to me as a kid!

Space Invaders



If you never played this game in your life, you missed out on a wonderful experience in your life. This was my favorite game to play as a kid.

Do you remember Intellivision? Do you recall any other games you played?

1 comment:

hollie said...

I loved Burger Time. In fact, it's a good thing we don't have that game now or my poor kids wouldn't be fed or bathed for a week.