Tuesday, July 09, 2024

Kath and Kim (review)


 An Australian turned me on to this show when we were discussing humor and said it was for me. 

It was ok. Some hilarious moments to be sure but I'm not sure the humor translates well for english viewers and some of the jokes were obviously Aussie based but overall, this comedy about a mother and her spoiled daughter had its moments. 

Spoilers- My favorite surprises were to see the Wiggles guest appearance in their first tv movie back in 2005. Worst moment was there theatric release in 2012, 5 years after the show had ended. I'd heard the Aussie fans weren't very fond of it and watching it I see why. 

It takes all the characters out of the element which made them who they were. And into a non-sensicle adventure that (at times) made the character dumber than they were in the show. Yes, the characters IQ is stretched due to it being a comedy but them doing really stupid things was never what this comedy was about. I agree with most everyone else that the movie somehow missed the mark that gave the show its love in the first place. 

Overall, the show is skippable, just wanted to give me thoughts on it as a whole, since I finished it last month. 

No comments: