Monday, January 17, 2022

I blame Rob


 Saw a video today of people defending Rob Manfred over the latest MLB strike. Saying it's not really his fault. 

I disagree completely with that statement. 

He's the Commissioner who has established THE WORST relationship to MLB players in the shortest amount of time. It's so bad now that the season is now in doubt. 

I hope it goes forward...for baseball but every week that slips by it appears things only get worse between the 2 sides. 

History tells us the players will eventually cave (as they always have) and baseball will suffer. The only demand I'm against for the players is having a DH in the National League. I hate that because it's the only thing separating the  two leagues and making them feel so special. 

But what if they put in replacement players? Well, one they'd be blackballed by other MLB players and shunned from the sport altogether when the pros come back. But if it were me and I was below average with a chance to play in the game (though not as elite) I'd jump on it in a heartbeat and I think others would too. 

Sure you may lose some managers with that decision but if Bartolo Colon shows up in a Mets uniform next year because of it, Mets fans won't be completely dissatisfied. 

We'll just have to wait and see what happens next I guess. 

Though this guy is COMPLETELY at fault at this point. 

No comments: