Monday, April 12, 2021

Songs of the CSA

 



Growing up around the house, Bobby Horton's Homespun Songs of the CSA was a staple for us. We must have listened to the first album alone over 100 times. 


Volume 2 was just as good and listened to just as much. it bears my favorite song "Join the Calvary" on it. This was also the only cover change they ever made to the volumes. The ones going forward reflected similar covers as the first but with a different background color. 

The 3rd volume was good too and "Eating Goober Peas" was my favorite track on the album. Getting to hear these again on Amazon music has been great!


This was the last album Dad got when we were young. I remember thinking it being red (my favorite color) that it would be my favorite. But it ended up being my least favorite. I played it as a kid but not as much as the previous 3. Now that I'm older I appreciate it a lot more and see it as a solid album. 

Imagine my surprise when I found out years later Bobby Horton would release 2 more albums!! Listening to this one was like discovering deleted scenes from your favorite movie. I loved it!

The 6th and seemingly final album was also good. The last track on it being one of my favorites of all time. I don't know if Dad knows these even came out or still listens to old Bobby Horton's albums still but I was sure to tell him about them the moment I found out myself!

They're saved to "My Music" and are now part of my rotation of songs I listen to every once in a while. Very peaceful and fun music. Glad to have it back in my life!







No comments: