Monday, December 14, 2020

Gus Bus has left the station


 Since the news broke, I've been getting peppered with questions on this one so I may as well address it. I like Gus. I do. Sure he was a one trick pony, but that pony had a lot of good tricks! He changed the rules for college football based off some of them and I thought he was pretty smart for that point. 

But what got him was recruiting. How can you go so many years without ONE decent quarterback?! It feels impossible but we've had to deal with terrible QB's for years now and for once I'd like to see that change. 

And no I don't want Hugh Freeze. A moron who couldn't get anywhere with Ole Miss is surely not going to benefit us in the least. Lane Kiffin is a huge idiot too so I don't want him either. 

Then who, you ask? I have no idea. Auburn needs a recruiter AND a coach and that's something that you can't find out there on the open market at this time. 

To be honest, I'm shocked this didn't come after the beat down Bama gave us this year. The ONLY way he could've kept his job was with a Bama win in my opinion. Nothing else at that point would've helped. 

Goodbye Gus. It's been fun but it's time to go.

No comments: