Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Buttercream Gang Movie Review

As a kid, my mom and dad would get these "family" direct to video, movies for us to watch. I don't remember most of them, but the one that stuck out (and the one we watched the most) was this one.

The story revolves around 4 kids who are in a gang that does good deeds for everyone in town. But once there old leader leaves for Chicago, he is quickly corrupted by a real street gang and becomes  bully and a thief.

After his arrest, his Aunt sends him back to his small town where he has changed. No longer does he care about helping others but rather helping himself. And it's up to his best friends to bring him back into the light.

Though not the best acting, the movie still held up for me as entertaining and I'd love to see the sequel they made (I think we only watched it once) but it's impossible to find these days due to the low volume (and low popularity) of the films.

Thankfully, you can still watch the first one on YouTube. If you have fond memories as I do from watching it, it's worth your time seeing it again.


No comments: