Friday, June 02, 2017

Site Warning

So I fell for another scam. No, nothing got stolen, but I bought in to the hype and realized too late it was too good to be true.

This site offers amazing rewards if you book through them....the only thing they don't tell you is that you're paying for the rewards.

Their site overcharges for hotel bookings and gives you some of the money back in gifts cards of your choice....and keep the rest for themseleves.

I got an email from them and thought I'd try them out on a trip I took to Florida last month. When I got their the hotel was run by idiots who charged me twice for the room! What I noticed is their charges were $25 cheaper than it was online. What did I get? A $20 gift card in exchange. Hooray.

So if you hear something that sounds too good to be true.... spoiler alert....it probably is.

No comments: